Suggestions

Is there "an app for that"?!

Is there "an app for that"?!

by Majid Matloob -
Number of replies: 2

I have been very frequently communicating with my students in past through email on-the-go. Utilising the simplest mobile device connectivity along with Gmail and Google Drive, I was always able to send and respond to emails instantly even during a stroll in the park. However, this semester I want to switch from the idea of receiving dozens of emails on the same issue from students to communicating with multiple simultaneous audiences through discussion forums on LMS. However, LMS does not have the best interface for my alternate devices, which kinda makes me want to use external communication platforms.

So just wondering if there's a device responsive version of LMS? Or an app? If not, would an app for LMS be developed?

-Majid Matloob (NBS)

In reply to Majid Matloob

Re: Is there "an app for that"?!

by Dr. Amir Hayat -
Picture of SEECS

There is an app called Moodle Mobile for Android and MoodlEZ for iPhone. The rating is not that high for both.

I suggest that LMS team shall put a tutorial on the website on how to configure Moodle Mobile and MoodleEZ on the phones. I read in few reviews that access from these applications has to enabled at the server side. 

In reply to Dr. Amir Hayat

Re: Is there "an app for that"?!

by Khyam Shahzad -

My suggestion is to enable the Moodle Mobile theme for mobile devices.